Re: IETF 107 Standard Registration and Internet Draft Deadline Approaching

On 3/6/20 1:22 AM, Dirk Kutscher wrote:

> What would help the executive folks most is hard data, i.e., if you
> are registered and you already know you cannot make it, just cancel
> and pay the cancellation fee.

Excellent point. Rather than wait until the last minute and do what is
probably inevitable anyway, I have just cancelled my registration
(converted to remote). I see a lot of people still on the registered
attendee list that work for companies that I understand have travel
restrictions in place. I'd urge them to submit their
cancellations/conversions promptly as well.

I'd like to thank IETF for their liberal cancellation policy, both in
terms of the late cancellation deadline and low cancellation fee. Even
though I'm self-funded and will have to absorb the 10% cancellation fee
myself, I understand that processing registrations and cancellations is
an expense for IETF, and this seems like a very fair arrangement.

-Jim