Re: risk zones

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 09:58:24AM -0500, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> That has absolutely no effect on the spread in the West where we have taken
> none of those measures.

Related to this point, I fumbled my way through a scholarly discussion
of COVID-19 as best as a layman can, and came away with this point: with
a disease that has a long incubation period, the reported cases tell us
where it has *been*, not where it *is*.  I'm terribly oversimplifying,
of course, but this is consistent with the observations being reported
by WHO et.al.   And it means, among other things, that delayed reactions
may be much too late.

---rsk