Cookies as a transmission vector [was: Re: Further update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and IETF 107 Vancouver]

I’m surprised not to see [*] any discussion of what may be the single easiest transmission vector (either of COVID-19 or many other infectious souvenirs for that matter) — snack buffets. One sneeze and a whole tray of brownies is nicely inoculated. And having seen the hand-washing practices of more than a few of you (not to worry, I don’t keep a list, not even mentally) on this occasion I’m not inclined to stake my health on the prospect a thousand-odd of my closest friends uniformly following best practices. Unless there are not-yet-announced changes to the snack regimen, I expect to abstain this time.[**] More cookies for the rest of you!

—John

[*] I may have missed it of course, I haven’t read every single message, though I did my best to grep for it before raising the subject.
[**] It’s a boy’s prerogative to change his mind. I’m not made of stone!