Re: Further update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and IETF 107 Vancouver

On 27/02/2020, at 10:19 AM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) Our problem is that meetecho requires a base to operate from.
   A meeting room.  If we can accomodate that, then we can use it.

This is why I'm waiting for someone who has set up either the IETF meeting network or the Meetecho control room to chime in - that's my understanding, but I've never done either (so far).

That won’t be coming as an ad-hoc reply to this list.  There is a lot of work going on in the background to plan for a virtual meeting, if so required, and details on that will be shared as needed when we have a clearer picture.

Jay

Best,

Spencer

2) Webex officially does not support quite a number of desktop systems that are
   important to us (although they do work, but they don't support us).  Anyway,
   we have no SLA with the webex "donation".
   Webex does not seem to have an option to force people who join to join
   muted, although the chair/host can mute people who can't figure it out
   themselves.

3) Most of the other services which do run everywhere do not support larger
   groups of people.

{me: not crossing a border this time}

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works