Re: IETF Tools Architecture and Strategy Team

IETF Chair <chair@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I'd like to introduce a new volunteer team that has been created in the
    > General area: the Tools Architecture and Strategy (TAS) team.

I think it is a really good idea to organize this.
I wonder if you considered just creating a WG in the general area?
What would seem to let the tools team leverage... the tools.
But, I guess you can create groups that aren't WGs based upon the links below.

    > It is not the role of the TAS team to implement, maintain, or manage
    > the operation of individual tools. Those responsibilities remain with
    > the IETF tools team. Once TAS team guidance documents become available,
    > the IETF Tools Project Manager (currently Robert Sparks) will establish
    > plans and workflows to align ongoing and future tools development with
    > the guidance.

I believe that the team will mostly produce plans, and those plans will not
be in the form of RFCs, and probably not even in the form of IDs.