Re: [Last-Call] [Detnet] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-04

> 2020/01/27 午前11:59、Lou Berger <lberger@xxxxxxxx>のメール:
>
> okay, will leave it -

Sounds good —

> but we generally don't provide the motivation for every tradeoff / design decision in IETF standards.

though this is not what was asked :-)

RFC 4385 says:

   To provide consistency between the
   designs of different types of PW, it SHOULD also use the following
   preferred format:

So explaining why not following a SHOULD from the relevant PS seems appropriate.

I agree, it would be counterproductive to provide the motivation for every tradeoff or design decision made. Please do not. The CW format, though, was asked a couple times.

Carlos.