Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational-02.txt> (IETF Stream Documents Require IETF Rough Consensus) to Best Current Practice

This document makes no change to the interaction of the IESG with other streams. It is strictly about the IETF stream. As such, the rest of this is out of scope for the document.

As a matter of documented procedure, the IESG can request various things of the IRTF stream or the Independent Stream, but can not block publication. (For example, they can request non-publication of Independent Stream documents, but the final decision rests with the ISE.) This is either a feature or a bug, depending upon a lot of other views one has.

Yours,
Joel