Re: IETF Policy on dogfood consumption or avoidance - SMTP version

RCPT TO:<ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx>
550 5.7.1 <[A.B.C.D]>: Helo command rejected: RFC2821 violation

Personally,  my opinion is that if there's indication that a lot of spam or
other malicious mail is arriving from "address literal EHLO" sources, it's
appropriate to respond with a "550 5.7.1 Rejected due to policy reasons",

I agree we should fix the message. It has been a very long time since I saw any legit mail from a host that identified itself with an IP other than someone trying to make a point that I don't understand.

R's,
John