Question about Connection Reuse in RFC7540 / HTTP/2

Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to ask.

I have a question about the connection reuse in RFC7540.

In section 9.1.1 is states, that server can send a 421 Code in case it is not possible to reuse the connection for a resource of another URI authority component.

It also lists an example for a valid case where this should be done.

In section 9.1.2 it states, that clients MAY try to get the resource over a different connection.

In practice most web browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome do try do get the resource over a different connection but other browser like Safari 13 actually don't do this.

My question is, if there is any specific reason this is not mandatory declared in the RFC for clients as this results in creating situations in where some clients are not getting the resource at all but are behaving in harmony with with HTTP/2

Best regards,

Jonas Hünig