Re: [art] New RFCs text formatting

On 28 Nov 2019, at 8:33, John C Klensin wrote:

(copying the IETF list -- this is not an ART matter alone)
Hi.  I realize it is very late, probably too late, to be
complaining about this, but my clear recollection was that, when
the v3 project was started, the community was promised that,
while the authoritative/ canonical/ archival format would shift
to the XML and fully-functional HTML and PDF format (not just
HTML and PDF produced from plain text forms) would become
available, the plain text format would be preserved sufficiently
that tools [1] that were designed for, and used with, RFCs for
the last 40-odd years would continue to work and work equally
well [2].

I strongly believe you are wrong: no such promise was made. If you can find any actual message that made such a promise, I'm happy to stand corrected.

--Paul Hoffman