Re: On IETF support (was Re: Important Announcement from the Internet Society and Public Interest Registry)

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am I right in thinking income was/is not the only relevant aspect of
> ISOCs ownership of PIR ?

It was not the only relevant aspect, no, though it was an important one.

But I don't think that the governance of this is relevant to the IETF,
and I don't believe the IETF list is an appropriate place to answer
these questions.  I'll answer your questions off-list, but I encourage
people who wish to discuss such issues to do so on one of the ISOC
lists where it is being discussed.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
President & CEO, Internet Society