From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 3:35 PM
To: Cyril Margaria <cyril.margaria@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; gen-art@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-pcep-extensions.all@xxxxxxxx; pce@xxxxxxxx; ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Pce] Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-pcep-extensions-14

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 02:48:00PM +0100, Cyril Margaria wrote:
> Thanks for the review,
>
> a new version has been posted addressing your comments.
> Please also see inline
>
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 13:47, Elwyn Davies via Datatracker
> <noreply@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> > s9.2, RFC7025: Given the references to the requirements document for
> > this work, I would consider RFC 7025 to be normative.
> >
> > [MC] 7025 is marked as Informational, so I am not sure it should
> listed as normative.

The status (Informational/PS/etc.) of a reference is not relevant to whether the reference is properly normative or informative.  Please see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_about_groups_iesg_statements_normative-2Dinformative-2Dreferences_&d=DwIBAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6UhGpW9lwi9dM7jYlxXD8w&m=cjIGq8MdFpzTHZnHDJ7oSYY0AALP5ePN_V5HGddlfp0&s=E6DoKmUBMTYqyAGkcga-bvCVaIkfO2l4sTdxZHc11d4&e=
for further background -- if a normative reference on an Informational document is needed, the responsible AD will take care of making that work, procedurally.

-Ben