Keith McCloghrie

Hi all,

As some of you may have heard, Keith McCloghrie recently passed away. Keith was a pioneer of network management. He was a key part of the original SNMP gang and was tremendously influencial in the design of MIB modules. He was a prolific RFC author, with 95 RFCs to his name and one of the highest h-indexes of any RFC author. His influence continues on in current YANG models that borrow much from MIB modules he wrote.

Keith was widely respected as a gracious, deeply knowledgable colleague, mentor, and friend. In the words of his colleague Dan Romascanu, Keith "had a sharp and creative mind, he put order in the very complex world of network modeling and his editing skills were outstanding. When we hear or read 'Keith understands the edits' we knew that the most complicated problem has found its words in the next version of the documents.” He mentored scores of other engineers, encouraging their involvement in standards development and helping them whenever they needed help.

An obituary written by Keith’s family is at <https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2019/aug/24/obituary-keith-mccloghrie-1948-2019/>. May he rest in peace.

Alissa