Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

On 14-Sep-19 04:06, Bob Hinden wrote:
> Also, a related question, how do new IETF participants know to subscribe to the IETF list these days?   Do we have any way of knowing if current active IETF participants are subscribed?   Perhaps, when registering for a meeting, the registration tool could offer to subscribe to the ietf@xxxxxxxx and last-call@xxxxxxxx lists.

I notice that the information for newcomers on the web site doesn't mention the ietf@ and ietf-announce@ lists. It would be useful to add a pointer to https://www.ietf.org/how/lists/ at https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/get-started/resources/

Barry: Also note that https://www.ietf.org/how/lists/ and https://www.ietf.org/how/lists/discussion/ will need updating for the duration of the experiment.

    Brian