Re: The Next Generation

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:47 PM Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did the SAAs call out Sayre's post as off-topic??  I didn't notice.  But
you know, there's so much noise on this list lately...  If they said
nothing even privately, then frankly that would be another stain on
their recent performance.  We can't quite know if they objected
privately, of course, so it's hard to say.

I was sort of hoping to let this thread drop (as I hope others will do in other threads...). FWIW, they did not communicate with me about this thread. I had thought it on topic, as IIRC the very same issue was raised in one of the IETF 105 plenaries (I watched them on YouTube).

but, again... it would be nice to return to calm mostly-technical disussion.

thanks,
Rob