Re: lastcall@xxxxxxxx

Alexey,

I'm not certain this is wise and am concerned that it will
further reduce the number of effectiveness of actual cross-area
reviews, but will reserve judgment until I see a proposal.
However, I believe that, if Last Calls are moved elsewhere, it
should be done only with strong and effective mechanisms for
reminding people that a particular thread or subthread is
actually not related to the Last Call and should be moved back
to the IETF list or elsewhere and strong protections against
weaponizing that mechanism to suppress dissent.  Because of the
difficulties we've already seen when IESG members propose, then
manage, and then evaluate (for consensus) proposals for
procedural changes that directly affect the IESG, I hope the
IESG is carefully considering whether Last Call on documents
that specific or alter IETF procedures or policies should be
given the same treatment as technical specifications.

best,
   john

--On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 09:36 +0100 Alexey Melnikov