Re: The Next Generation

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 7:24 PM John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the more senior people can help with
those things by volunteering for those more education and
supportive roles, acting as advisors and, if necessary,
co-chairs for younger people and first-time WG chairs, and
generally not being in the way.  I don't think that is quite
enough of a plan.

 Hi John,

I think the thing that we may be missing is that this can all be fun!

I've quietly learned vast amounts from you, and many other long-time IETF members.

I do think the ball got dropped on DNS security, but I can't say I would have done better in the moment.

Otherwise, there's no dispute. I thank the people who've contributed so much.

thanks,
Rob