Re: The Next Generation

On 9/3/19 8:35 PM, Rob Sayre wrote:

Hi,

I noticed there were some parts of the last IETF meeting (105) that were sparsely attended. And, the attendees of those meetings tended to be white, mostly male, and at least middle-aged. There's nothing wrong with that: no one chooses their age, gender, or skin color.

Although there is value in experience, maybe the IETF should work to hand off some duties to more diverse younger people.

While I certainly recognize the value in bringing new people in (of any age) and also realize the value in training new generations of Internet protocol engineers, I strongly object to favoring people because of their age or lack thereof.   I certainly don't think it should happen on a per group basis.   Age discrimination is as evil as any other form of discrimination.

Keith