Is the IETF missing a disclosure policy?

Hi,

I've been participating in some IETF DNS mailing lists, and I'm finding them pretty strange.

I get a lot of questionable messages that seem to attack me personally. Some level of animosity might be expected, since I tend to claim that the various DNS working groups are collectively not very good at security. This doesn't seem like a completely outlandish claim to me, but reasonable people can disagree.

One thing I have noticed is that I get a lot of public, aggressive messages from people that sell DNS-filtering software to ISPs. I had to do a little bit of internet searching to figure this out, and it's definitely not obvious from their email messages alone.

While I understand and respect the reason that the IETF maintains that participants are here as individuals, it also seems like an ethical problem that some people do not state how they are getting paid, when that matter could constitute a conflict.

thanks,
Rob