Re: [irtf-discuss] Why do we need to go with 128 bits address space ?

Hi,

On 15.08.19 at 12:30 Brian Carpenter wrote:
> e) 64 isn't enough to allow lots of bits for topology plus lots of bits
> for privacy
> f) in any case we can compress the headers in low power, low bandwidth
> scenarios
> g) it's 25 years too late for this discussion even if we were wrong

+1

h) it's IMHO not an IRTF question and the IETF has real problems to solve.

So Shyam, please stop this discussion, it's really a waste of time.

> On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, 21:27 Roland Bless, <roland.bless@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:roland.bless@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     a) the address space was designed of a lifetime of 50-100 years.

sorry, typo: s/of/for, i.e., the address space was designed for a
lifetime of 50-100 years (at least).