Re: Should IETF stop using GitHub?

On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 05:15:54PM -0400, John Levine wrote:
> This sort of argument quickly runs down a rathole of hosting our own
> servers, generating our own power, and fabbing our own chips.

I don't think it should. Leveraging external resources where beneficial
is always good. I just don't think we should necessarily standardize
on a particular vendor of version management repository.

Do we even have anything that would NOT allow any WG or smaller unit
to pick whatever type of repository they wanted ? Is there any mandatory
use of repository ? Sorry, i am still not on top of all processes the
IETF has come up with.

I also like to note that i do prefer to have a simpler way to maintain
version history of IETF output in a simpler to diggest fashion than
any git tool.

Cheers
    toerless