Re: Remote participation ( was Leading a moving target)

Andrew G. Malis <agmalis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > What could be improved? This probably isn't immediately feasible, but two
    > cameras in each room (one pointed to the front, the other to the mike
    > line) would be huge. That way you can watch both ends of the
    > conversation at once. Also, in the Meetecho UI, it might be better to
    > increase the size of the camera image and have the camera image and the
    > slides vertically placed one
    > on top of each other, rather han the smaller camera image over to the
    > side.

I'd like all the video/camera/slides boxes to be detachable/undockable so
that I can resize them, and move them around my desktop making the most of
two monitors, sometimes three.

    > Or perhaps that could be an option. I know that you can make the camera
    > image larger, but then you lose the slides.

For extra fun, I found you can open multiple browser windows to two, even
three, different working groups to "solve" the conflict problem.  Just mute
two of them at a time.... or... try to take all three speakers in at the same
time.

How many time zones away were you?  I'm guessing three hours.
A major challenge of remote attendance (if done from a home) seems to be
convincing family (particularly small children) that you aren't really home,
or that you you need sleep at different times.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-