Re: LLC Board and contracts -- plenary comments

Leslie Daigle <ldaigle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Instead, my point was that what you described sounds awfully low level for
    > the board to be engaging. Your reply suggested to me that you think it is
    > obvious that simpler contracts are better and allow for less (legal)
    > exposure
    > for the IETF, but that doesn’t actually address my point.

I also felt as Leslie did about this.
Both that this was too-low-level (and I was on the IAOC finance subcmte
before), and I think that your answer missed the point.

    > In later parts of the plenary, which you’ll want to catch up with when the
    > recording is available, concerns were raised from the community about the
    > state of relationship with the people and organizations that are on the
    > other end of those contracts. It did make me wonder whether complexity
    > of contracts was our biggest exposure — breaking relationships with
    > critical expert
    > support could actually be a threat with a greater risk factor.

+1

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-