Conspiracy theory #974

There is a conspiracy going on at the IETF to try to displace good engineering with the hammer that is HTTP/2-3 and its sidekick JSON, by reshaping every single protocol so it vaguely looks like a nail.  That is most obvious in the ART area but other areas should start looking over their shoulder.  This plan could not work without scaring away our most competent and consequently opinionated participants under the pretense that the raw language of truth that they speak is uncomfortable for the new generation of participants needed to embrace that overtaking.

For the record I do not believe in conspiracies -- as a species we are not smart enough to keep these going for long -- but I deeply believe in greed, selfishness and in the universal attraction of mediocrity.

So it goes.