Let's have some fun: PechaKucha & friends

As some of you may know, I occasionally organize a social event around satirical short talks. (Sometimes there is beer.) In the past, it’s been required to fit the PechaKucha format but the PechaKucha format is rather strict (20 slides, each on screen for 20 seconds, minimal text). So, I’d like to try an experiment. This time, any talk format will be allowed (including PK) with a maximum length of 7 minutes. As before, the topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited. Anyone can participate in this unofficial social event.

The date will be Thursday evening (July 25) starting at 9:30pm. Location will be announced later.

If you haven’t been to one of these events, Here are two of my personal favorites from prior IETFs by Pete and Brian. Video from the past BA PKs can be found here.

If you want to do a pechakucha, there are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a good PechaKucha. Here are a few: [1], [2], [3].

As my friend, Spencer, says: “Make good decisions, People!”

Format Details:

  • Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
  • To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to aaron.falk@xxxxxxxxx and receive confirmation.
  • Presenters must agree to limit their talks to less than 7 minutes (strictly enforced using the Lars Eggert Approach).
  • Slides are due Thursday 6pm in Powerpoint or PDF.