Re: Yangdoctors early review of draft-ietf-teas-yang-sr-te-topo-04

Hi Lada,

Thanks for the review. We are addressing some of the issues by https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-yang-sr-te-topo-05. Some of the discussions are in-line below.

Best regards,
- Xufeng

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 9:02 AM Ladislav Lhotka via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reviewer: Ladislav Lhotka
Review result: Ready with Issues

This document and YANG module "ietf-sr-topology" contained therein
contribute two new types to the family of network topology data
models: segment routing and segment routing traffic engineering
topologies. The document also provides a companion module
"ietf-sr-topology-state" intended for non-NMDA implementations.

>From the YANG point of view, both modules are in a relatively good
shape. Also, as far as I can tell, they satisfy the requirements
specified in RFC 8345.

The example instance data contained in Appendix B successfully passes
formal validation against the date model, which is far from
commonplace for early versions of documents. See however comment #1
below.

**** Comments

1. I have argued several times that using URIs as identifiers of all
   network topology objects in RFC 8345 is an overkill.

Xufeng]: Agree with you on this, but since the type has been published we need to figure out the way to fit into it. It is clear for what we need to do here in this case, so it is appreciated if you can provide a suggestion.

Now, the
   present draft demonstrates the consequences: id values used in
   many places of the example data (Appendix B) are not valid URIs!
   For example, "link-id" leaves have values like
   "D1,1-2-1,D2,2-1-1", which is not a URI.

   This type violation isn't caught by validating tools because the
   "ietf-inet-types:uri" type doesn't specify a regular expession
   pattern. However, its description states clearly that the type
   represents URI as defined by STD 66.

[Xufeng]: We know that this is not a typical URI, but many of the syntax components are not relevant here. In term of this particular example, how does it violate STD66? Specifically Sec 4.2 Relative Reference? Syntactically can this string be a “path segment” of a “relative-path” (or “path-noscheme”)?

2. The module uses (indirectly) the grouping "srlr" from the
   "ietf-segment-routing-common" module. This grouping defines two
   leaves, "lower-bound" and "upper-bound". I assume it is expected
   that the former must not be greater than the latter. This is
   however not enforced by the data model. My suggestion is to add a
   "must" statement to the "srlr" grouping corresponding to this
   constraint.

[Xufeng]: We have added a few “must” statements to the module ietf-sr-topology, and we will work with the authors of ietf-segment-routing-common to see if the constraint can be added to ietf-segment-routing-common.

3. Typos in the module text:

   - description of grouping "sr-topology-type":
     s/toplogies/topologies/

[Xufeng]: Fixed.

   - description of container "sr-mpls":
     s/Indiates/Indicates/