Re: RFC Editor model

On 7/3/19 2:38 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
I sent an email on 28 June to request some information [1].  May I enquire about the status of the request?

Sorry, it's easy for that kind of thing to get lost with the current volume of discussion currently underway. The query you're pointing to is, I believe, one about what impact YANG module documents have on the SLA. This is the kind of question that I would generally defer to the RSE and RPC, as it hasn't been specifically brought to our attention as a factor in meeting the SLAs one way or another.

Having spent significant time reviewing documents containing YANG modules, I'm happy to hazard a guess, but that's all it is. The contents of the YANG modules themselves have two relevant characteristics. First, they are written in a formal language for which we have a suite of tools, meaning they almost certainly require less proofreading and editing than normal English prose. At the same time, the contents of the modules are more sparse than page-filling paragraphs. So if I had to guess, these combined factors mean that they *probably* increase the page count of documents in which they appear while increasing the required editing work at a proportionally smaller rate as compared to prose specification. Since the SLA tiers are determined by total pages gone to edit, this would probably have a marginal -- although I would guess insignificant -- effect of making the SLA easier to meet.

If you want something better than my somewhat-educated guess on the topic, I encourage you to reach out to Heather directly at <rse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

/a