Re: letters from Ted & Alissa

On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 03:32:44PM -0400, Scott O. Bradner wrote:
> thanks to Ted & Alissa - these letters were (actually) helpful in clearing up some lingering questions - they
> are somewhat ‘it was not us’ in tone but that appears to be the case.
>
> now we need to hear from the RSOC in regards to at least two outstanding questions
>
> 1/ why did the RSOC decide to a/ rebid the RSE contract 2 years early
>    & b/ decide to tell the world about it a further 2 years earlier
> 2/ did the RSOC consider that the move could be seen as a termination
>    notice

Sarah Banks wrote a post that explained some of this.  It was enough
that I can see how RSOC might *not* have thought that the RSE would take
early bidding the way she did.  Perhaps it was all a big failure to
communicate rather than RSOC's failure to understand that it was
essentially telling the RSE to get lost -- perhaps it was even a failure
on the RSE's part rather than RSOC's.

Now, I don't really know the full story, and was on vacation during this
entire dust-up, so before I comment further I'll have to re-read that
post by Sarah B. and any others by RSOC and IAB members.  The point of
_this_ post is that Sarah B.'s post seems to have gotten lost in the
noise.

Nico