Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-16

Hi, Barry,

> On Jul 3, 2019, at 9:17 AM, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Carlos, for the review.

Anytime!

> On one item in your list:
>
>> 4. S3.4. Does this text imply there is no zero fee or credit possible? Might be
>> useful to explicitly set guidance for the use of 0/null fee/credit.
>>
>>   A <fee:fee> element MUST
>>   have a non-negative value.  A <fee:credit> element MUST have a
>>   negative value.
>
> The text says the fee can be zero ("non-negative"), but the credit
> can't (has to be negative).  That makes general sense, doesn't it?  Do
> you really think there needs to be further explanation of that?

Since zero is neither negative nor positive, I thought it was potentially a source of misinterpretation.

But you are correct, the text as-is is accurate and perfect.

That is why I marked these as “Minor comments, questions, and nits for your consideration”. As this is an Ops-Dir review, Appendix A of RFC 5706 is detailed about defaults, boundary conditions, hence asking :-)

BTW, re-reading that section, I noticed:

   A server MAY respond with multiple <fee:fee> and <fee:credit>
   elements in the same response.  In such cases, the net fee or credit
   applicable to the transaction is the arithmetic sum of the values of
   each of the <fee:fee> and/or <fee:credit> elements.

Do these need to include the same <fee:currency> or otherwise how would the arithmetic sum work?

Thanks,

-- Carlos.