Re: Level of standardization of the Echo mode of BFD [Re: Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan-07]

Greg,

> On Jun 20, 2019, at 12:50 AM, Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Carlos,
> could you please refer me to the specification of BFD that defines the message format that is used in the Echo mode of BFD. Is it the BFD control packet? Something else?

It is implementation specific.  Only the sender of BFD Echo packets cares about the contents.  The sender is thus free to use whatever pleases it for its implementation.

As Carlos mentions, worrying over this point is a distraction and not particularly relevant for the vxlan review.

-- Jeff