Re: RSE Independence

I'd like to pick out two of Mike's sentences for additional comment:

> What I'm trying to say a bit obliquely is that it's unclear whether the extent of "oversight" that the IAB has given itself and the RSOC over the RSE is more beneficial to the mechanics of publishing RFCs or has had an adverse or nil effect.

BCP39, the IAB Charter (of which I was the document editor of record), doesn't as far as I can see give the IAB a duty of "oversight" of the RFC Editor.

> That makes three organizations within the I* structure that claim some authority over the RSE.  From a legal point of view, that can be problematic.

In fairness, one of the three (RSOC) presumably claims authority delegated by another (IAB). Of course, a delegator should never interfere with the authority of the delegatee. In any case, more than one authority over an entity is a *managerial* recipe for problems, as well as a legal one.

    Brian