Re: The RSE's perspective

Adam Roach <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    brian> Indeed,*if* the word "customer" is the right one. But look at it the
    brian> other way round: if the RFC series is the customer, its largest
    brian> supplier is the IETF.

    > I'm not sure I understand how this is a valid way to think about the
    > model. Are you proposing that we reverse the direction that money
    > flows?

No, I don't think it's about the money.

Brian is saying that if we look at the RPC/RFC-series as a (probably
criticially constrained resource - CCR) step in a process, then the largest
backlog of work comes from the IETF series.   That means that processes
and people are probably optimized for the IETF series.

The other series, because they are smaller get less specialization, and less
accomodation in the process.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-