Re: RFC Editor model

I understood it to be the case from Heather’s perspective that the problem was not the administrative side of the process, but rather a sense that the RSOC was micromanaging and directing her as if it were they and not she who was responsible for deciding how the RSE should operate.

I don’t think that is in line with what the community wants.   I get the sense that Heather has been very responsive to the community in general, and that’s certainly been my experience in particular.

So the question to me is not how to adjust the process of putting out bids, but rather how to come to consensus on what, exactly, the community wants the RSE to do, or whether, in fact, the community has  a say in what the RSE does.

In the sense that you are talking about RSOC’s oversight role, it would seem to me that the role of the RSOC in terms of oversight would not be to autonomously determine how the RSE should function, but rather to serve as the community’s representative insofar as such representation is needed.

Does that make sense?