Re: Compliance with Recent U.S. Export Regulations

Hi Toerless - We're aware of the consortia letter you attached. We did not sign onto the letter at this time in part because we do not believe the current EARs pose a significant issue for the IETF (see my prior email at https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/0ywjgSS4LlO0DaWDoLJLRHxJdUk), and that we are situated differently from many other organizations as a result of our open work processes, open participation, and open publishing of standards & proceedings. This is of course not to say that we or any other organization is "happy" with the current regulations, and we hope that signatories of that letter are able to obtain the clarifications that they seek so that they may continue their technical work.

- Jason Livingood, in my role with the IETF LLC