Re: RFC Series Editor Resignation

I really do not think that this is a discussion that should take place in a public forum like this.

There is much that both parties may legitimately wish to keep private in situations such as this.

- Stewart

On 19/06/2019 14:15, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
Hi Sarah,

On 2019-06-19 00:55, Sarah B wrote:
Hello,

	The RSOC, as required every two years, recently undertook a
review of the RFC Series Editor contract, the base term of which is
scheduled to end this year.   Although the RSOC had recommended
renewing the RFC Series Editor (RSE) contract for another two years,
and then put the contract back out to bid in 2021 expressly for the
purposes of refining our RFP process, Heather Flanagan, the current
RFC Series Editor (RSE), has informed the RSOC, IAB, and IETF LLC
that she does not intend to renew the RSE contract, which is set to
conclude at the end of this calendar year. She has indicated that she
is willing to work through a transition period in the first months of
next year, to support a smooth hand-over of duties to a new RSE.

Did the RSE indicate that she did not intend to renew before you informed
her that you were going to put the contract out for bid in 2021, or
as a result of you informing her about the early re-bid?

Regards,

	Henrik

	The RSOC and IAB are grateful for that courtesy and for Heather's
many years of service as RSE.  We look forward to working with her
during the transition process, which will result in a Request For
Proposals, as has been the case during other contract awards. We hope
that the community joins us in expressing their appreciation of her
work on behalf of the community and in working to ensure a smooth
transition.

Kind regards, Sarah Banks For the RSOC, in coordination with the IAB