Re: [Sipbrandy] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09

Thanks for the comments, see below.

Andy

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 03:15, Sean Turner via Datatracker
<noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Reviewer: Sean Turner
> Review result: Has Issues
>
> I had a read of the draft as well as the GENART and TSVART reviews (to avoid
> duplicating comments).

> Issues:
>
> 0) I assume that the mismatch the TSVART refers to in the security
> considerations has to do with 1) changing 4568 to require encryption but not
> fail if authentication is not available, 2) pointing out that 4568's
> requirement is routinely ignore for end-to-end encryption because using TLS
> with intermediaries won't protect the SDP key, and 3) and reference errors (see
> the next issue).  On 1, that's kind the point of OSRTP - take the encryption
> you can get.  On 2, because it's the security considerations this document is
> just saying don't expect to get end-to-end.  Assuming, I've interpreted this I
> think this draft is okay.
>
> 1) I think these are just reference errors, but it would be good to double
> check these (and I hadn't seen a response yet - might have missed it):
>
> S4: Not sure about these references too RFC7435.  Maybe they should be to RFC
> 4568 instead?
>
> s/The security considerations of [RFC7435] apply to OSRTP,
> /The security considerations of [RFC4568] apply to OSRTP,
>
> s/Section 8.3 of [RFC7435]/Section 8.3 of [RFC4568]
>
> s/understood that the [RFC7435]/understood that the [RFC4568]

Yes these are reference errors and I will fix as you describe.

> Bikesheds:
>
> 0) The fact that it's Informational struck me as odd.
>
> 1) The fact there are no updates listed also strikes me as odd.

Ben Campbell gave the answer to this in his mail on 28th May it is a
very long story and we were made to jump through many hoops and and in
the end this is what had to be done.

> Nits:
>
> 0) s2: Nits reports an error with the para.  I think it's:
>
> s/RFC 2119 [RFC2119] RFC 8174 [RFC8174]
> /RFC 2119 [RFC2119] [RFC8174]
>
> 1) s1, 2nd para: s/[RFC5939] ./[RFC5939].

Thanks.