Re: [Sipbrandy] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09

Thanks for these comments and see me comments below.

I assume that I will need to submit an update.

Andy

On Thu, 16 May 2019 at 23:13, Elwyn Davies via Datatracker
<noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
> Review result: Ready with Nits

> by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
> like any other last call comments.

> <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
>
> Document: draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09
> Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
> Review Date: 2019-05-16
> IETF LC End Date: 2019-05-16
> IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

> about whether it is acceptable to point to an expired (and effectively totally
> dead) draft (draft-kaplan...) for signuficant motivation (see minor issues).
> Please consult with higher authorities.

As indicated by Alissa I think the reference is okay since the kaplan
draft is well known in the SIP industry and stable.

> Major issues:
> None
>
> Minor issues:
>
> S1, para 2: The discussion and motivation for the introduction of OSRTP is at
> least partially derived from the motivation explained in Section 1 of
> draft-kaplan-mmusic-best-effort-srtp.  This is a long expired draft (2007)
> which is not going to become an RFC.  Given this, I wonder if the text ought to
> be reproduced here, perhaps as an appendix?

I would prefer to leave it as it as was said previously the kaplan
draft is well known and stable.

> Nits/Editorial comments:
>
> Abstract: s./applied to Real-time/applied to the Real-time/

OK, thanks.

> Abstract: expand SDP on first use.

OK, thanks.

> Abstract: expand SRTP on first use (Secure RTP).

OK, thanks

> S1:  The sentences expanding the meaning of cleartext and secure media could do
> with a little expansion to make it clear that we are talking about media
> streams even if that is what RTP is supposed to be about. Suggest:
>
> OLD:
> In terms of secure media, cleartext is RTP [RFC3550] media which is negotiated
> with the RTP/AVP (Audio Video Profile) [RFC3551] or the RTP/AVPF profile
> [RFC4585]. Comprehensive protection is Secure RTP [RFC3711], negotiated with a
> secure profile, such as SAVP or SAVPF [RFC5124]. NEW: In the context of
> transport of secure media streams using RTP and its secured derivatives,
> cleartext is represented by an RTP [RFC3550] media stream which is negotiated
> with the RTP/AVP (Audio Video Profile) [RFC3551] or the RTP/AVPF profile
> [RFC4585], whereas comprehensive protection is represented by a Secure RTP
> [RFC3711] stream, negotiated with a secure profile, such as SAVP or SAVPF
> [RFC5124]. ENDS

Done.

> (I note that SAVP and SAVPF aren't acronyms and don't need expansion.  OTOH
> AVPF probably does.)
>
> S3: The terminology used in RFC 4566 and elsewhere seems to be m= sections
> rather than m-  sections.  Suggest s/m-/m=/g (4 places)

OK.

> S3.4, last sentence:  the backward reference to Section 3.1 is not in RFC
> format. s/section [3.1]/Section 3.1/

OK

> S4, para 3:  I think the 'must' here is normative. s/ an encrypted signaling
> channel must still be used./ an encrypted signaling channel MUST still be used./

I think you are correct.

> S6: The note to the RFC Editor should also note that the referenceventries
> SIPCONNECT, RFC6982 and IMTC-SIP in s8 should also be removed.

I think I can just remove the section and references and save the RFC
Editor some work