Re: [dnssd] Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-dnssd-push-19

The primary motivation for using tls is opportunistic security. Authentication would be interesting to add. SNI encryption would be interesting but I think is a separate topic.

Client authorization might be useful in some cases, but generally is not done in DNS servers. To address these would require a security analysis of much broader scope than is appropriate for this document. We’ve talked about this in the context of homenet.

Sent from my iPhone