Re: [Anima] Last Call: <draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-20.txt> (Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructures (BRSKI)) to Proposed Standard

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 4:21 PM Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09-Jun-19 01:37, Eliot Lear wrote:

>> On 7 Jun 2019, at 23:17, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, now i got you (i hope ;-).
>>
>> I really liked the c1sco example (not sure if we should mention a real
>> company name in such an rfc someone not reading the draft might take
>> offense, maybe examp1e.com insted though).
>
> This is a bit tricky with the glyph attack, but certainly the base should be
> example.com.

Can you use null.example.com and nu11.example.com?

That's a little unfortunate from the perspective of this attack because .com is a public suffix [0] whereas example.com is not.

-Ekr

[0] https://publicsuffix.org/

    Brian