Re: privacy and IETF meetings in US

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019, Melinda Shore wrote:

IETF 102 was scheduled to be in SF but moved to Montreal.  I
think it's too soon to know what the situation is going to be
in 2021.

And if I understood correctly, this planned San Francisco meeting is
happening because of money locked/lost if we don't use it. So we
might just have to do the meeting in the US. And I guess, we will
find out how bad things really are?

I think it would be okay to keep this meeting, and hoping things will
change. I do think it is prudent not to commit any financial resources
to schedule any further meetings in the US for now.

Paul
ps. at least for me, I will already know in my home city of Toronto,
whether or not I will be refused for not handing out my social media
or web browser history, since we clear immigration at the airport :P