Re: Nomcom 2019-2020 Call For Volunteers

Michael StJohns <mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> As a member of the NomCom it is very important that you be able to
    >> attend IETF 106 (Singapore) to conduct interviews. Being at IETF 105
    >> (Montreal) is useful for orientation.  Being at IETF 107 (Vancouver) is
    >> not essential.

    > We probably need to try to have the 3rd meeting of the year rotate among
    > Asia, Europe and North America to make Nomcom a bit more evenly accessible.
    > Singapore will be 5 in a row for Asia. Before that it was 3 for NA, 3 for
    > Asia and then a very long string of NA locations.

I tried hard to make this point when I was a nomcom member, and then nomcom
chair, and I specifically warned against the November meeting being in
Honolulu. (Or the Honolulu meeting being in November)   I don't feel very listened to.

    > Strangely, looking at the record of past meetings, we've never in 35+ years
    > had the 3rd IETF meeting of the year in Europe.

Weird, eh.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [