Re: virtual-only wgs?

--On Thursday, May 16, 2019 14:04 -0400 Aaron Falk
<aaron.falk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me whether our standards process allows for
> virtual-only working groups?  In other words, could a working
> group choose to stop meeting at IETF venues and only convene
> online?

Yes.  A WG could also chose to not "convene" at all, doing 100%
of its work on its mailing list and noting that, no matter how
much convening is done, the rules still require that consensus
be determined on the mailing list.  There have been examples of
that too... and some of them haven't fallen into the
"non-controversial" and "well defined" categories Eliot
mentioned although that certainly makes things easier.

   john