Re: [rfc-i] Evolving document sources over a long time (Re: Comments on draft-roach-bis-documents-00)

Hi Julian,

> FWIW, I disagree (but I realize that I'm probably in a minority). The
> problem with Markdown is that the simple things are easy, but everything
> else gets messy. I'm looking forward to see how you kram (pun intended)
> the V3 features into your tool…

Do I have to?

If an author wants to use a V3 feature that does not lend itself to authoring in markdown, they can always put the XML tags right into their markdown source.

>>> I’m prepared to stick with that, unless there is something better about the alternatives.
>>
>> Right, for a minor update, digging out the v1 tools and finding a platform where they can still run may actually be the best way to proceed.
>
> All you need is a TCL processor. Works fine over here on a newly
> installed notebook with Windows 10 and Cygwin.

Haven’t tried that in a while…
Works for me, too (macOS 10.13.6, on a small document, with the usual formatting differences from v2…).
Good to know.
(Although I have heard people have had problems on other platforms recently.)

Grüße, Carsten