Re: [tsvwg] travel funds for ietf for the next SCE talk?

In article <CALx6S35UeMeM3QUYuX1zoFJvgwyk8kF3OBeCwkCqcvryx0q+Fg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Maybe there should be a "non-sponsored" registration tier with a discount
>to help make it affordable for the little guys.

This question has come up a lot of times before.  Unless you happen to
live where the meeting is, travel costs are generally a lot higher
than the registration fee.  We already have graduated fees, an early
bird fee if you register early, a one day fee that's about half the
early bird fee, and a much lower fee for students.

I gather that at the Bangkok IETF there was an arrangement for local
attendees, and the IETF chair has always had the ability to waive
someone's fee when needed.