Authorship (Re: I-D Action: draft-roach-bis-documents-00.txt)

On 09-May-19 18:03, Martin Thomson wrote:
....> Final point, and it's a new one (sorry): Authorship.  This is likely to be a sensitive topic.  But it is probably not appropriate to replace the entire author list for a small change.  Some guidance on that would be welcome.  My suggestion would be to recognize new authors either as an additional author or editor, or even to list them in the contributors.  Like a lot of this, judgment will need to be exercised, but that should take into account the size of the change and the amount of work that was done.

I think this is probably a general point for many RFCs in all streams, not just the ones targetted by the draft, so I think it would be better to leave it to RFC Editor policy.

It is discussed briefly in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-whats-an-author-02#section-7 but that draft has no status except "Expired".

Regards
    Brian