Re: Call for Input: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Pradeep Kumar Xplorer

On 5/6/2019 6:35 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

Responding to this and Mike's suggestion about a permanent ban,
I think it is important that, when the IETF takes any action
that could be interpreted as disciplinary or punitive, we adhere
strictly to our own procedures, especially procedures that were
designed around reforming or correcting behavior rather than as
punishment.

John - As I read it, BCP 83 PR action IS a permanent ban with the possibility of parole or commutation after a year.  That's all I meant by "Permanent PR" action.    In this case, many attempts - including yours - have been made to attempt to reform and correct the poster's behavior.  The poster has shown no evidence of any attempt to conform to the necessary behavioral parameters after many attempts to make him understand those parameters, making a permanent ban within the meaning of BCP83 appropriate.

Mike

The relevant text is:

Once taken, this action remains in force until explicitly nullified
   and SHOULD remain in force for at least one year.

   One year after the PR-action is approved, a new PR-action MAY be
   introduced which restores the posting rights for that individual.
   The IESG SHOULD consider the frequency of nullifying requests when
   evaluating a new PR-action.  If the posting rights are restored the
   individual is responsible for contacting the owners of the mailing
   lists to have them restored.