Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: LLC Board Meeting Details - 1 May 2019

Hi Gleen,
At 01:40 PM 03-05-2019, Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal) wrote:
What I was reacting to is the suggestions of going above and beyond the legal requirements around COI to add public disclosure of board member personal and business relationships for the LLC when we don't do the same for the people that actually are in a position to set or direct ietf technical work directions which in the end is very much more impactful to the primary mission and work of the IETF. Which is very much in contrast to the LLC Board which as you point out have significant requirements legally placed on them to act appropriately as members of the LLC board.

There was a message [1] to the IASA2 working group nearly a year ago about publishing the conflict of interest forms annually. It is possible to re-open the document which is intended to be a RFC about that if LLC Directors or anyone else wish to avoid the suggestions mentioned above.

I agree that it may be unsporting to request that from a LLC Director when an IETF Trustee does not have such a requirement. The justification to have the discussion now is to decrease the risk of personalization of the matter in future.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

msg-id: 64644806-BD59-4A06-B878-EADF762B4BA3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx