Re: [MMUSIC] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-34

Please see inline.

On 4/9/19 11:03 PM, wangzitao wrote:
Hi Paul,

Please find my comments at [MW].

B.R.
-Michael

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Paul Kyzivat [mailto:pkyzivat@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2019年4月10日 1:11
收件人: wangzitao <wangzitao@xxxxxxxxxx>; ops-dir@xxxxxxxx
抄送: ietf@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis.all@xxxxxxxx; mmusic@xxxxxxxx
主题: Re: [MMUSIC] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-34

Thank you for the comments. I have some questions:

On 4/8/19 2:37 AM, Zitao Wang via Datatracker wrote:
Reviewer: Zitao Wang
Review result: Has Issues

intended for describing multimedia sessions for the purposes of
session announcement, session invitation, and other forms of
multimedia session initiation.  This document obsoletes RFC 4566. I
think the document make sense and is written very clear, except some small nits:

# In Section 5, there are
several terms that miss references, such as "US-ASCII subset of
UTF-8",  "ASN.1 or XDR", etc.

There is already a reference to the definition of UTF-8 [RFC3629] in section 4.5. Do you think the reference needs to be included with every use? The US-ASCII subset of UTF-8 is also defined in RFC3629, so I am inclined to use the same reference for that. There are also a couple of uses of US-ASCII without mention of UTF-8. I'm inclined to change those to "the US-ASCII subset of UTF-8".

I changed the naked uses of US-ASCII to reference the US-ASCII subset of UTF-8. I also added another reference to RFC3629 to the *first* use of "US-ASCII subset of UTF-8". I haven't added references to other places with the same usage.

Regarding ASN.1 and XDR, I can add references if you think it important.
But their use is very peripheral, and it isn't necessary to know what they are to read the text.
[MW]: I am OK if it is not commonly used.

# s/session- specific/session-specific/

Regarding "session- specific" vs. "session-specific":

The context for this is:

"Attribute scopes in addition to media- and session- specific may also..."

The space was intentional so that there are equivalent constructions for "media" and "session". The intent is as a shorthand for:

"Attribute scopes in addition to media-specific and session-specific may also..."

To avoid confusion I think I'll just change to the latter.
[MW]: I agree.

Done.

# Suggest to add tags on
"overview optional items" to identified now-obsolete items, such as
"a=cat", "a=keywds", "k=".

I'm not clear what you want me to do.

I guess you are suggesting adding something to the first figure in section 5.
[MW]: Yes, IMO, adding some tag/description to the figure is better.

I don't see how that would be possible for a=cat and a=keywds, since the figure doesn't mention individual attributes.
[MW]: Agree. For a=cat and a=keywds, it is difficult to show on the figure.

While it is possible to add something for k=, IMO it is better to leave that level of detail to the complete description in section 5.12.
[MW]: Maybe it can be updated as following:

       Before :
        k=* (encryption key)
       After:
        k=* (encryption key, this line is obsoleted)

I changed these to

          k=* (obsolete)

I have these changes in my working copy for inclusion the next time I submit a revision.

	Thanks,
	Paul