Re: Intdir early review of draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-34 - MAC-based IIDs during transition

Le 04/03/2019 à 12:24, Pascal Thubert a écrit :
Reviewer: Pascal Thubert Review result: Not Ready
[...]
The method of forming IIDs described in section 4 of [RFC2464] MAY be
used during transition time. " Contradicts section 4.3 that says " Among these types of addresses only the IPv6 link-local addresses MAY
be formed using an EUI-64 identifier. "

Thank you for pointing this. I would not qualify it as a strong contradiction though. It's not like one was MUST and the other MUST NOT. They are both 'MAY'.

To clarify, I propose I add 'for lls' and 'during transition time':

NEW:
The method of forming IIDs described in section 4 of [RFC2464] MAY be
used during transition time, in particular for IPv6 link-local
addresses.
[...]
Among these types of addresses only the IPv6 link-local addresses MAY
be formed using an EUI-64 identifier, in particular during transition
time.

Do you disagree?

Alex