Re: cultural sensitivity towards new comers (was Re: voting rights in general)

Exactly what Avri said.  We aren't the most socially adept crowd.  You only have to watch the proceedings at the cookie table to see that.    And, this isn't a new problem, it's just that we don't seem to have made any progress since we had the Miss Manners plenary talk 50+ meetings ago:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/53/slides/plenary-3/index.html

Mary